An introduction of a non–standard software engineering graduate’s life.
Day 2 Day Tech
- Time: TikTok Gets Reprieve in U.S. as Judge Temporarily Blocks Trump’s App Store BanSeptember 28, 2020 at 02:02AM President Donald Trump’s ban on TikTok was temporarily blocked by a federal judge, dealing a blow to the
- Time: TikTok’s Fate Uncertain as D.C. Judge Weighs Impending App BanSeptember 27, 2020 at 08:54PM (NEW YORK) — Lawyers for TikTok pleaded with a U.S. federal judge on Sunday to delay the Trump
- Time: The Inside Story of How Signal Became the Private Messaging App for an Age of Fear and DistrustSeptember 25, 2020 at 04:01PM Ama Russell and Evamelo Oleita had never been to a protest before June. But as demonstrations against systemic
Day to day Tech
- California will require all passenger vehicles sold in the state be zero-emission by 2035September 23, 2020 at 08:33PM California Governor Gavin Newsom issued an executive order on Wednesday requiring sales of all new passenger vehicles be zero-emission by 2035. The new order would be a huge boost for electric vehicles, and vehicles using alternative fuels like hydrogen, and could boost a sector that’s already surging in California. As
- Tesla says its battery innovations will deliver its goal of a $25,000 mass market electric carSeptember 23, 2020 at 12:06AM Tesla held its ‘Battery Day’ event on Tuesday to discuss a variety of innovations it has developed and is pursuing in battery technology for its vehicles. At the event, Tesla CEO Elon Musk and SVP of Powertrain and Energy Engineering Drew Baglino detailed new anode and cathode technology it’s working
- Skydio partners with EagleView for autonomous residential roof inspections via droneSeptember 28, 2020 at 02:00PM Skydio only just recently announced its expansion into the enterprise and commercial market with hardware and software tools for its autonomous drone technology, and now it’s
- Privacy data management innovations reduce risk, create new revenue channelsSeptember 25, 2020 at 06:57PM Mark Settle Contributor Mark Settle is a seven-time CIO, three-time CIO 100 award winner and two-time book author. His most recent book is “Truth from the
- The highest valued company in Bessemer’s annual cloud report has defied convention by staying privateSeptember 25, 2020 at 02:56PM This year’s Bessemer Venture Partners’ annual Cloud 100 Benchmark report was published recently and my colleague Alex Wilhelm looked at some broad trends in the report,
- News Brief: Trump Taxes, Amy Coney Barrett, TikTok Ban BlockedSeptember 28, 2020 at 10:05AM Trump dismisses published report that he paid little in federal income taxes. GOP aims to get Supreme Court nominee confirmed
- In Internet Dead Zones, Rural Schools Struggle With Distanced LearningSeptember 28, 2020 at 10:00AM Many American schools are back in class via distance learning. It’s stressful everywhere but especially in rural districts where most
- U.S. Judge Halts Trump’s TikTok Ban, Hours Before It Was Set To StartSeptember 28, 2020 at 01:23AM The decision grants TikTok a short-term reprieve, but the wildly popular app’s fate still faces an extraordinary amount of uncertainty.
- Author Interview: Adapting To Social Media’s Disruptions In ‘The Hype Machine’September 26, 2020 at 10:09PM NPR’s Michel Martin speaks with MIT professor Sinan Aral about his new book, The Hype Machine: How Social Media Disrupts
- New DOJ Filing: TikTok’s Owner Is ‘A Mouthpiece’ Of Chinese Communist PartySeptember 26, 2020 at 05:37AM In a new court filing, the Trump administration offers its most thorough explanation to date of why it considers the
- News Brief: Trump Taxes, Amy Coney Barrett, TikTok Ban BlockedSeptember 28, 2020 at 10:05AM Trump dismisses published report that he paid little in federal income taxes. GOP aims to get Supreme Court
- In Internet Dead Zones, Rural Schools Struggle With Distanced LearningSeptember 28, 2020 at 10:00AM Many American schools are back in class via distance learning. It’s stressful everywhere but especially in rural districts
- U.S. Judge Halts Trump’s TikTok Ban, Hours Before It Was Set To StartSeptember 28, 2020 at 01:23AM The decision grants TikTok a short-term reprieve, but the wildly popular app’s fate still faces an extraordinary amount
How do we become a software engineer?
What’s a software engineer’s typical day like?
Women in Software Engineering
… read more.
Oxford and Kellogg
… read more.
Get our latest news and content delivered directly to your inbox.